Biometric health screenings are an important component of a comprehensive health management program. Health screenings help employees learn about their current health status and identify health risks and disease conditions that could lead to illness and serious disease. While some employees may know areas of their health that can be improved, many employees don’t even know their health is at risk.
Integrated health specializes in biometric screenings. We do all the planning and execution to ensure your event runs smoothly.
Benefits of Integrated Health 21’s biometric health screenings:
- Accommodate a wide variety of worksite situations, from large corporations to employees who work remotely.
- Screenings performed onsite maximize participation and minimizes employees’ time taken away from work time and productivity.
- Allows participants to sign up for screening programs online or via toll free phone number and to receive regularly scheduled appointment reminders to make sure they are prepared. Paper registration is an additional option.
- Offers a network of nation-wide healthcare professionals.
- Provides a baseline to determine the goals for future health and wellness programming
Features of Integrated Health 21’s biometric health screenings for employers:
- Provides a dedicated account manager to recommend the best onsite and offsite options based on the company’s needs and budget and to maximize participation.
- Outlines a detailed planning and implementation process including customized marketing and communication tools.
- Provides complete data integration and aggregate group reporting whether an employees participate in an onsite event or use an offsite option.
- Screening data that can be securely transferred to third party vendors
Features of Integrated Health 21’s health screenings for employees:
- Helps employee become aware of key health risks that may not be apparent.
- Provides immediate results to create powerful “teachable moment” where health screening staff can explain results and outline next steps.
- Provides employee with the option to send results to their healthcare provide.
- Creates an opportunity for the employee to learn about wellness programs offered through their employer that supports lifestyle change such as exercise and healthy eating programs.
- Offers secure online test results, lab reports and physician guides to help employees learn about their health risks and connect them with their primary care physician.
Blood Testing Methods
There are various methods that can be used to draw blood and various tests that can be obtained. The panel of tests that can be done is largely based on the drawing and testing methods used. Blood can be drawn either via a finger stick with immediate test results or via a venous blood draw with the blood sent to a laboratory for processing. The decision regarding which method is best is based on how each option fits into and supports the overall goal of the company’s wellness program.
Integrated Health 21 Onsite Biometric Screenings typically include:
- Full lipid panel (Total Cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, Triglycerides)
- Blood glucose
- Blood pressure measurement
- Biometric results review
- Immediate referral for critical values
Additional screening options:
- Weight/height measurement/ BMI
- Partial lipid panels
- Waist or waist/hip measurements
- Body composition/body fat measurement
- Pulse rate
- Cotinine (identifies smokers)
- Hemoglobin A1C (diabetes test)
- Comprehensive blood panels (available with venipuctures)
- Brief or extended counseling
Offsite Screening Options
Integrated Health 21 provides offsite screening options for those who are not able to attend a worksite screening event. Integrated Health offers a dedicated and customizable health screening platform that highlights your company’s screening options. As with onsite screenings, all lab results are included in Integrated Health 21’s automatic data integration and reporting services.
Lab Voucher– Integrated Health has partnered with 2 national labs with thousands of locations in order to provide an option for collection of blood screenings results. Employees register online, locate the nearest lab, generate a map and driving directions, and print a pre-populated lab requisition. Lab results are mailed directly to the employee.
Physician Derived Results (PDR) – The Physician Derived Results is another option for employees who prefer to visit their primary care physician (PCP) to obtain their screen. Employees access the form through the dedicated registration portal, download the printable form, take it to their PCP where their results are recorded, and the form is then returned to Integrated Health by secure fax.
Home Test Kit – The home test kit provides an easy and private way for an employee to administer a biometric screen from the convenience of their own home. The participant registers for the kit online through Integrated Health’s dedicated registration portal and then the kit is mailed directly to the employee’s home. The employee performs the fingerstick test and mails the kit back to one of our certified labs.